Summer Solstice

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Historically, people around the world have observed spiritual and religious days of celebration during the month of June. The summer solstice marks the longest day and the shortest night of the year in the Northern Hemisphere. The solstice also marks the first day of summer.

I am celebrating now by committing to follow through with my rituals. I am starting with the Sun Salutation. I will mediate. I will create my day in the beautiful morning hours. I will exercise my physical body. I will continue this through the month of July. Why through July? I am in need of chunking down my to-do-list. I don't need to set a practice that mandates perfection. I am looking for progress only. I am looking for daily improvement in my connection to my inner self.

I feel a great debt to my son to renew my soul; to ask better questions of myself in order to change; to live from my intuition and guard my conscious from negativity; to remember I create my own reality and to have faith….faith in myself, life and the universe.

How will you welcome summer?

Newer Older